Thursday, June 25, 2009

First full day home

My two wonderful grandsons Billy and Dominic came to keep me company. Glad the surgery is over, waiting for the gas pains and nausea to go away. It's nice to be home relaxing, reading and learning on how I'm going to live my life now. I will eat to live and NOT eat just because everything tastes so good.

The surgery went well, Char and my Dad said I was in alot of pain. ( I think they were laughing at me) It did hurt alot, but by Tuesday I felt alot better. Was able to walk often and burp up some of the gas, met some new friends who I will be sharing many stories with for life I hope. Home on Wednesday, just sipping water and trying to digest jello, protien drinks and strained soup. Nothing taste good...gotta stay focused on health though.

So far the hardest thing is swallowing my meds, they seem to get stuck even though I have split them...gonna try more tomorrow, this will all take time I'm sure...patience is something the Lord has blessed me with and I am relying His grace to carry me through these next few weeks.

I'm excited to see how the next year "looks" for me. I will turn 52 on December 23, it will be 6 months and 1 day since my surgery, I hope to be 52 pounds thinner by then and that is a doable plan for sure.

I see Dr. Pupkova on July 8th for my 2 week check up and on August 7th for my 6 week checkup. I hope by then she gives me permission to travel to Florida to see my Mom in September for a few days. I miss her and can't wait to see her soon!

3 comments:

  1. Sheri
    hoping you are doing well
    my prayers are with you
    shirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheri,
    My virus is gone and I am now able to read and follow your blog. I have been praying for you and your family each day.
    You are such an inspiration!
    Love Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheri....my comments aren't getting through! Will try a different way..... I am following your Blog and am happy for you that you are on the road to better health!

    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete