Thursday, June 11, 2009

10 days to go

Well, I've been inspired by my good friend Theresa to blog my thought, my dreams, my worries, my accomplishments and my Love for Jesus.

Today, I begin a 10 day journey to a new life filled with health, energy, stamina and courage. On June 22, 2009 I will have gastric by-pass surgery at the Barix Clinic in Langhorne with Dr. Pupkova. I passed all the pre-tests and exams with all the Doctors permissions, I am prepared to begin a journey of eating less, exercising more and feeling great.

The journey begins today as I weighed in at 237.2 pounds. At 5'4" and 51-1/2 years old, I am 100 pounds overweight. I am a size 20 (tightly) and am hoping to be a 10-12 next year as my journey and new lifestyle take me into the next part of my life.

Through all of this, I am comforted in my soul, that I know Jesus as my Saviour and He will be with me on the operating table, through my recovery and as I walk and breathe on my journey to health and life.

2 comments:

  1. I am so honored to have inspired me. Blogging is very freeing. I can put myself out there and still have the confidence in knowing that Jesus loves me no matter what anyone else's opinion is.
    I am praying for you...in so many areas of your life. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. I inspired me...I meant YOU of course.

    ReplyDelete